Tuesday, October 18, 2011

30 before 30

I turn 30 in 8 months. 

I know ~ SHOCKING!

I don’t really quite know what to do with this information. I am anticipating celebrating this special day with those close to me. I am hoping with 30 comes a maturity I haven’t found in my 20’s. I am excited to leave this decade - one of hard choices, tough memories, bad decisions - and enter into a new era.

I realize I may be putting a little to much significance to 30. I know it’s just a number. But I don’t want this day to just go by. I don’t want it to be “just another birthday.

Here’s my 30 by 30… My list of “to-do’s” I’d like to complete before my big day comes.

30 by 30
via Pinterest
****************************************
  1. Complete The Love Dare ~ without making my husband participate
  2. Love Dare
    via Pinterest
  3. ORGANIZE my craft supplies, so they can be better utilized
  4. Host a quilting or sewing party
  5. Share the GOSPEL with my dad {and live unashamed}
  6. Take my hubby on a “surprise” mini vacation
  7. Wear enough cute outfits in a week to participate in a WIWW @ the pleated poppy
  8. http://thepleatedpoppy.com/blog/
  9. Learn how to REALLY use my camera
  10. Start a {Blessings and Praises} Prayer Journal
  11. Go BLACK FRIDAY and CYBER MONDAY shopping
  12. Support a charity or family in need this holiday season
  13. Be a better meal planner {suggestions?}
  14. Take my boys each on a separate ONE on ONE date
  15. Visit my grandparents in Genoa. I haven’t been to their home since high school
  16. Serve salads and/or fresh fruit more often with our dinners
  17. Color with my kids more
  18. Make a bunting banner
  19. Fabric banner / bunting
    via Pinterest
  20. Read Mary DeMuth’s The Defiance, Texas Trilogy (This is big, because I am NOT a reader)
  21. Making exercise part of my DAILY routine, even if it’s a walk around the block with the kiddos
  22. Get my hair did (I’m a once or twice a yearer, CRAZY, I know)
  23. Do a CLEANSE
  24. Use my Crock Pot more… Thank you friends at CROCK POT GIRLS
  25. crock pot girls
    Crock Pot Girls
  26. Get professional pictures taken of JUST ME… and maybe JUST ME and the HUBS 
  27. Make once a week date nights with the hubby. Even if it’s just a movie in bed
  28. Find key ways to be a better steward of money
  29. Organize my kitchen cabinets {they are HORRIBLE}
  30. Learn to make handmade cards with my CRICUT
  31. Buy handmade Christmas presents for all my friends and family… THIS makes it a little easier
  32. Get the PERFECT Christmas gift for my husband {any ideas dear friends?}
  33. Speak to myself kinder. Learn the TRUTHS that He says about me. Cast out the lies Satan says
  34. Don’t beat myself up if I don’t finish all these by 30










5 comments:

  1. 30's are way better than your 20's. Minus the crow's feet I am spotting around my eyes, I'm digging this time. : )

    I share a lot of the same things on your list. Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your list!! And I love being in my 30's...to me they are much better than the 20's. Those are great things you want to do, I'd like to do a lot of those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! You gave me some good ideas for one of my own. I'll be 29 in December so I'll have a good year ;) can't wait to see how you do on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    And wow, what a list; makes me feel like a slacker! And I agree with Katie and Jen- I'm loving my 30s so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! And I agree with everyone.. I'm lovin' my 30's :) YES! You should do WIWW, you'll love it!
    What is a {Blessings and Praises} Prayer Journal? Sounds interesting!
    And as far as meal planning, my sister is my meal buddy :) We alternate weekends and send each other a weeks worth of dinner ideas/recipes and that's whats for dinner each night. It was my turn to create dinner menu last week and I had alot of crockpot dinners. So far it's working out really well :)

    ReplyDelete