Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Enough Faith For Today

I would like to tell you the story of how the name of this blog came along...

Chapter 1~
See, the last few months have been hard for me. Really hard. I don't want to go into specifics but let's just say this: I was not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. And I wanted out. Not like I wanted life to end, but I just didn't want to be me anymore. In fact, I didn't even know who me was. 

Somewhere between the cleaning and coffee, laundry and lunches, diapers, dinners and dishes, I WAS LOST... The life that I had prayed for ~ EVERYTHING I had asked of God, a wonderful husband, healthy children, a beautiful home, I was given. And yet I still wasn't satisfied. HOPELESSNESS gripped me. I was alone, afraid, and LOST. If I couldn't be happy with THIS life, how could I EVER be happy?

Chapter 2~
Fast forward a few months... I still had the same feelings. I hid them well in public, smiled at church, tried to hold it together... But I still felt alone. It had been a LONG time since I had prayed and HEARD Him... Been in devotion and felt Him move me. But in this moment, while reading scripture, He spoke, right to me ~ through His word.

"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ."
Philemon 1:6

A dear friend had introduced me to the blogging world right around the same time I was beginning to unravel. I began following (or more like blog~stalking) some amazing women. They weren't claiming to be perfect, to have it all together, to be iconic. But just the opposite ~ they were real, organic. Living through their trials and tribulations and finding a peace that sustained them. They had something I had been lacking. FAITH.


And they were sharing their faith, and through that understanding the good things they had through Him.


Chapter 3~
I am growing slowly growing in faith... Continually making a conscious decision to choose to look to His Word for guidance and embracing His TRUTH over Satan's lies. He is giving me my portion day by day, and I am receiving just Enough Faith For Today.


7 comments:

  1. so happy to be a part of this. in faith, danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful.

    thank you danielle for sharing this,

    and kim... your words about every thing happens for a reason, every blog visited for a purpose... that is never more true than in this very instance.

    i'm now your newest follower! can't wait to read more!

    with love,
    allie
    http://amaryllistruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, so living in this place with you and seeking His face in the journey.

    may He grant you peace in wisdom.

    so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, isn't this a surprise! You didn't say anything. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog and your heart! can't wait to get to know you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen. you are beautiful. welcome to blogging! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the blog world [found you through jami]. i am *totally* coming out of the same dark place. i'd been doing so well in my walk and living by faith, but little by little i allowed the lies to echo louder and longer than the Truth. it's dangerous and oh my goodness, you completely feel lost, hopeless [everything you described]. thank you for being open and sharing with your newest and closest friends ;) can't wait to read more of the journey, into chapter four!

    ReplyDelete