Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It passes by


It passes before I even have a chance to grab hold.

Those moments in time that could have been used as lessons, could have been used to teach, to mold my children into the God fearing adults I yearn for them to be. 

Instead, those moments pass. No longer are they teaching tools, now they are memories. Just another time that I let an "opportunity" pass by. 

It never fails. I don't know the right verse to apply to the behavior. I don't even really know what behavior I am trying to correct... What commandment I want them to keep... What sin I want them to understand and acknowledge. 

It's times like these when I realize how immature I still am in my relationship with Christ. How much growing I have yet to do. I realize how far I am from Him. 

Precious Father, It is you who has all the answers. Please help me to lean on you for understanding. Help me to come to you for wisdom and guidance. AMEN


Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!
Romans 11:33

1 comment:

  1. ahhh!!! i feel the same way.
    i want them to know all of it. it's so hard. right?
    thankful for a gracious God.

    ReplyDelete